Tuition, Refunds and Cancellation
Policy 102 - Financial Matters
Maintaining Finanical Records
- All CPEI financial records are maintained indefinitely by electronic means.
- Accounting records are maintained in QuickBooks.
- Student financial records are maintained in Populi.
Guidelines for Receiving Invoices
- Vendors, Staff, Faculty, and others must submit an invoice to CPEI for payment.
- The invoices for reimbursement must include a copy of any receipts.
Guidelines for Payment of Vendors, Faculty, Etc.
- CPEI will provide payments within 15-30 days of receiving an invoice.
- CPEI will provide payment for faculty and CPEI Affiliates at the end of the course.
- Some faculty and affiliate agreements may provide that half of the payment for teaching a CPE course will be paid within 30 days of receiving tuition and the other half at the midpoint of the course.
- Supervisor educators who are considered as adjunct faculty will be required to submit a Form W-9 to CPEI and will receive a 1099.
Guidelines for Payments to Affiliates
- Supervisor educators who work for an affiliate will typically be paid by the affiliate.
- The faculty fee will be paid by CPEI to the affiliate organization who will, in turn, pay their supervisor educator.
Payment of Tuition and Fees
- All student tuition and fees are to be submitted through CPEI’s payment site.
- Tuition and fees are due in full the first week of the course.
- Failure to pay tuition and other fees in full is considered a drop of the course.
- All Supervisors-Educators and Supervisory Candidates are required to address the issue of tuition payment at the time of the CPE applicant’s admission interview so that the applicant is clear regarding their responsibility to pay tuition.
- The Tuition payment policy is acknowledged by the student in the enrollment agreement.
Cancellations and Tuition Refunds
- Students must submit in writing or email a request to withdraw or cancel enrollment to the CPEI Supervisor-Educator.
- A student withdrawing within five days of enrollment, or prior to the course beginning will receive a full refund of monies paid minus the enrollment fee.
- Students must submit in writing or email a request to withdraw to the CPEI Supervisor-Educator.
- Students canceling or withdrawing after the course begins are subject to refunds based on the guidance below.
- Students may keep any textbooks, notebooks, handouts, or other material given to them during their time enrolled for their personal use and are not expected to return nor pay for them.
- The Supervisor-Educator will immediately email the CPEI Registrar (Adminasst@cpei.us) upon learning of the student’s desire to withdraw. Information to be included in the email needs to contain the name of the Affiliate, Students’ Name and ID#, Term Enrolled and the name of the course (CPE 100, 200, etc.).
- The registrar will cancel or withdraw the student immediately upon receiving the request and submit any refund the student is due within 30 days of request.
The refund amount is based on the tuition paid, minus the enrollment and administrative fee. The administrative fee is included in the tuition. Refunds are then calculated in the guide below.
Intensive Courses (10 – 15 Weeks)
|After Week 1||80%|
|After Week 2||60%|
|After Week 3||40%|
|After Week 4||20%|
|After Week 5||0%|
Refund Example: A student withdraws from the CPE program after Week 3 but before the end of Week 4 will receive the following refund reimbursement, minus the enrollment and administrative fee. Total Tuition and Fees paid- $1199 and $75 enrollment fee. The administrative fee is calculated into the tuition amount. Refund to student: (40%) of tuition paid $480.00, minus the enrollment and administrative fees ($380.00).
Extended Courses (16 – 26 Weeks)
|After Week 1||80%|
|After Week 2||70%|
|After Week 3||60%|
|After Week 4||50%|
|After Week 5||40%|
|After Week 6||30%|
|After Week 7||20%|
|After Week 8||10%|
|After Week 9||0%|
Refund Example: A student withdraws from the CPE program after Week 5 but before the end of Week 6 will receive the following refund reimbursement, minus the enrollment and administrative fee. Total Tuition and Fees paid- $1199 and $75 enrollment fee. The administrative fee is calculated into the tuition amount. Refund to student: (40%) of tuition paid $480.00, minus the enrollment and administrative fees ($380.00).
- Any discounts allowed in CPEI or Affiliate promotional materials must be stated for a specific time related to a specific promotion. Discounts may also be allowed to specific identified groups.
- Scholarships are not available through CPEI. However, students may confer with their respective CPEI Affiliates for information regarding potential scholarships. A scholarship through an affiliate means that the affiliate will cover the cost of tuition due by the student (either partially or completely depending on the Affiliate scholarship available).
- CPEI does not participate in Federal Financial Aid Programs (Title IV Pell Grants, Perkins Loans, etc.) due to the extensive administrative requirements.