Technology & Student Services
Help Desk & Technology Support: Students and supervisors-educators can access support by emailing: email@example.com.
Academic or Career Advising
CPEI supervisors-educators are qualified to address questions regarding the CPE and Supervisory Educational process. However, the CPEI’s Administrative staff (Dr. Speight, Executive Director or Elizabeth Jedziniak, Administrative Assistant) are available to respond to inquiries should you have questions not addressed by the supervisors-educators. These include, but are not limited to:
- Questions regarding a course, grade appeal, transfer of CPE credit, etc.
- Disability questions
- Chaplaincy as a career
- Certification requirements
- Military deployment
Online Video Conferencing
CPEI uses Zoom as its primary web-based video conferencing platform. Students are provided with the following course requirements and will receive an email from the supervisor-educator before the beginning of the course to ensure that everything is working correctly.
Students must have a computer with a web camera, speakers/microphone, and a high-speed internet connection. In most situations, Zoom is used, allowing access via video and audio and screen sharing. Students are required to be visible on the screen. Also, a confidential setting is one in which the CPE learning is not interrupted by individuals walking in and out of the room; sounds are not interrupting the sessions, and others cannot overhear ambient noise.
- Minimum of 250GB of HDD or 128 GB SSD
- Minimum 4GB DDR4 RAM
- At least an Intel Core i3 Processor (Generation 10th onwards) or AMD’s ryzen series.
- Working internet connection
- Working internet browser
- At least 720p (H.D.) webcam for streaming purposes
- Computer microphone/ external microphone
- Preferred O.S.: Windows 10 or MAC OS 10.10
Students have access to the Library and Information Resources Network (LIRN) resources and Open Access Digital Theological Library, a nonprofit library service providing educational resources to students and Supervisors-Educators to enhance their learning experiences.
- Clinical Pastoral Education International Login (lirn.net)
- Open Access Digital Theological Library | a digital library for theology, religious studies, and related disciplines (Home – Open Access Digital Theological Library – LibGuides at Digital Theological Library (thedtl.org))
- LIRN Student Support Services available: LIRN Librarian Service | Library & Information Resources Network
Writing and Research Resources
- Purdue Writing Lab – A general resource center addressing basic research and academic writing
- Tyndale University – Valuable tips and rules for good writing
- Library and Research Skills – Information on how to conduct research
- Grammarly– Grammar and writing assistance.
- Citation Generator – Free citation checker