New CPE Student
Application Process and Documentation
To start the application process as a first time CPE student with us, just complete the basic information form below. You will pay a $75 non-refundable application fee when you submit your completed application.
We will guide you through the process of providing the required documentation for first time students.
You must have the following documents (Word or PDF format only) ready in order to complete the application below:
- Proof of Highest Level of Education: You will need to provide verification of your highest level of education received. This can be a copy of your certificate of graduation, diploma or transcript of your degree.
- Previous CPE: If you have completed previous units of CPE, you will need to provide where you earned your credit and how many units you have completed. Please be prepared to provide copies of proof of completion.
- Reflective Autobiography: Provide a 2-3 page reflective autobiography giving special attention to pivotal life events and relationships and faith that have helped shape you into the person you are today.
- Religious/Spiritual Development: Provide a 1-2 page paper describing your religious/spiritual development. Include a description of the development of your religious/spiritual life, including events and relationships that affected your faith and currently inform your belief system.
- Ministry Encounter: Provide a 1-2 page paper describing a ministry encounter. This is an account where you were called to help someone in need. Include the nature of the request, an assessment of the need, what actions were taken, and a summary. Students having completed a previous course/unit of CPE may include a case study/verbatim.
- Understanding of CPE: Provide a 1-2 page paper answering the following question. What is your understanding of Clinical Pastoral Education and what do you hope to gain personally and professionally?
- Personal Resume: Provide a resume or CV describing your education, training, and work experience.
- Photo Identification: Provide a government issued photo identification, e.g., driver’s license, passport, DoD/military ID card, etc.