Policy: CPEI will disclose to CPE Students/Supervisory Students proprietary interest any products, devices, or materials and any conflict of interest or dual/multiple relationships.
Purpose: To declare CPEI’s Disclosure of Proprietary Interest, and Conflict of Interest and Dual/Multiple relationships.
Scope: This policy applies to the Executive Leadership Team, Professional Ethics Committee, CPE Supervisory Student, and CPE Supervisors.
- CPE Supervisory Students and CPE Supervisors will disclose to CPE Students and CPE Supervisory Students’ personal interests in any products, devices, or materials that may be used in any CPE or Supervisory Course.
- CPE Supervisory Students and CPE Supervisors will disclose to CPE Students and CPE Supervisory Students the actual, perceived, and potential of conflict of interest or dual/multiple relationships.
- “Conflict of interest exists when an individual has the ability to control or influence the content of an educational activity and has a financial relationship with a commercial interest, the products or services of which are pertinent to the content of the educational activity.”
- Dual relationships or Multiple Relationships refers to a situation where multiple roles exist between a supervisor and a student. Examples of dual relationships are when the student is also a friend, family member, employee, or business associate of the Supervisor.
The Communications Committee will ensure compliance with this policy in publicized materials.
- The disclosure of propriety interests must be included in CPE Courses or CPE Supervisory Courses Handbooks and Course Content.
- Failure to comply will result in a review and action by CPEI’s Professional Ethics Committee for resolution.