Board Certified Associate Chaplain (BCAC)
- A bachelor’s degree and four courses of Clinical Pastoral Education or
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 36 graduate hours in theology or a related discipline or equivalent and four courses of Clinical Pastoral Education
- Evidence of Faith Group Endorsement
- Certification Requirements
- A current and reflective autobiography, which identifies one’s family of origin, significant life turning points, and influences, the nature of one’s faith and religious journey (not to exceed 5 pages double-spaced).
- One’s preferred pastoral care motif or model and a description as to how one assesses pastoral needs and provides pastoral care to a variety of persons (not to exceed 5 pages double-spaced).
- Submission of one current verbatim which demonstrates one’s preferred pastoral care motif or model, the ability to assess and appropriately apply one’s pastoral model and motif.
- A letter of recommendation from a professional colleague attesting candidates’ personal, pastoral, and professional competency in pastoral care.
- A copy of the final CPE Certificate.
- Evidence of Faith Group Endorsement.