Certificate in Supervisory Education
Supervisory Candidate I
- Completes SEC 600-900 units of Supervisory Education with an approved CPE Training Supervisor in 12-18 months, which includes observation and co-supervision. Exceptions to this timeline must be submitted in writing to the Certification Committee for approval.
- Board Certified as a Chaplain or during year 1 of Supervisory Education the candidate must become board certified.
- Enrollment and completion of Moodle Modules 600-900. One per each course of supervisory education and participation in a CPEI Supervisory Connections Group.
- Completes Model of Pastoral Supervision Application
- Submission of Pastoral Model of Supervision with in-text citations and references. The Model is not to exceed 30 pages double-spaced and includes:
- A brief (1-2 page) insightful autobiography which highlights one’s selection, journey, and understanding of self as a CPE Supervisor.
- Identification and application of a human development theory as it relates to pastoral supervision.
- Identification and application of theological insights relate to pastoral
- Submission of a brief (30-minute maximum) video or PowerPoint with Voiceover which provides a personal description of one’s theoretical and theological approach to supervision. Below is an example without voiceover.
- Evidence of ecclesiastical endorsement.
- Model of Pastoral Supervision is read and approved by CPEI Supervisors – Educators.