Board Certified Chaplain (BCC)
- A graduate theological degree (minimum of 72 hours) or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Completing four courses/units of clinical pastoral education (CPE).
- Evidence of Faith Group Endorsement.
- Certification Requirements
- A current and reflective autobiography, which identifies one’s family of origin, significant life turning points, and influences, the nature of one’s faith and religious journey (not to exceed 5 pages double-spaced).
- One’s preferred pastoral care motif or model and a description as to how one assesses for pastoral needs and provides pastoral care to a variety of persons (not to exceed 5 pages double-spaced).
- Submission of one current verbatim which demonstrates one’s preferred pastoral care motif or model, the ability to assess and appropriately apply one’s pastoral model and motif.
- A letter of recommendation from a professional colleague attesting candidates’ personal, pastoral, and professional competency in pastoral care.
- A copy of the final CPE Certificate.
- Evidence of Faith Group Endorsement
- Chaplains meet the minimum of 1.0- IACET CEUs or 10 Contact Hours per year