- A Master’s degree of at least 72 hours in theology or equivalent.
- Minimum of four courses of CPE.
- Board Certified Chaplain (BCC)
- Completion of requirements for Supervisory Candidate I and II or reciprocity. Persons seeking reciprocity must complete the required Moodle modules.
- Evidence of Faith Group Endorsement.
- Completes the CPE Supervisor Application
- Completes the CPEI Policies and Process Exam.
- If joining CPEI via Reciprocity as an approved CPE Supervisor approved by another cognate group must complete the Moodle Module RSEC 1000.
- Evidence of Faith Group Endorsement or approval.
- Review by the Certification Committee
- Supervisors/Educators meet the minimum of 1.5 IACET CEUs or (15 Contact Hours Per Year)
- Supervisors and CPE Training Supervisors meet the minimum of (1.5- IACET CEUs) or (15 contact hours)