CPEI will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex/gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability and will provide an environment free from harassment.
Purpose: To declare CPEI’s position on anti-discrimination/harassment.
Scope: This policy applies to the Exec. Leadership Team, Professional Ethics Committee, Credentialed Chaplains, Supervisors, and CPEI membership.
- CPEI is a non-profit entity remaining focused solely on our mission and vision. CPEI is a neutral entity in regard to political views. Members of CPEI will not use CPEI as a platform for any political views in writing, on social media, online forums, or any other means of communication.
- CPEI is committed to providing an environment that is free from any form of discrimination. This includes, but may not be limited to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex/gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
- CPEI is committed to providing an environment free from harassment. CPEI will not tolerate harassment of any nature, which includes but is not limited to sexual harassment, unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal, or physical harassment of a sexual nature.
- CPEI will include this information in all of its documents, website, student handbooks, CPE Application, and ensure that each CPE Student/Supervisory Student/CPE Supervisor understands and are in agreement with this policy.
- In accordance with CPEI Standards “CPEI Process for Handling Complaints and Grievances” matters should be dealt with at the lowest level as possible and only escalated to higher authorities within an institution as needed. Failure to resolve the issue at the local level (CPE Center or Institution) will result in a review and action by CPEI’s Professional Ethics Committee for resolution.